Care of Your Rental Flute
Congratulations on choosing the flute! We're excited for you to start on your musical journey! Here are some tips to help you take care of the flute. If you have any other questions or concerns, visit our shop and speak to a technician! We'll be happy to help you out.
- To properly pick up the instrument, insert a finger into the end of the component and lift directly up; do not pick up the instrument by any of the keys.
- The flute components should connect together clean and dry; no cork grease or any other lubrication should be used. If you feel that there is any trouble, please return to Tim's Music for evaluation.
- After each playing, the inside of the entire interior of the instrument needs to be swabbed out so that the moisture can be removed.
- When placing instrument components back in the case, each component fits into the molding only one way; pay attention with each piece as improper storage may lead to damage.
- To clean the outside of the instrument, use a clean, soft, dry cloth to remove fingerprints and other buildup. No liquid should be used as liquid can ruin the leather pads.